Routing play an important role in a network mainly in regulating data paths from one computer to another. The computer set up routing at call Router
This article lists the installation and use of MIKROTIK operating system. Here deliberately choose MIKROTIK operating system because of the perspective it is easy to operate and relatively low hardware requirements.
Minimum hardware requirements: Pentium II, 64 Mb RAM, 400 Mb IDE hard drive.
MIKROTIK has many service or tool so that it can be used as a DHCP server, PROXY server, RADIUS server, DNS server, a VPN server as a router.
Mikrotik RouterOS ™ is an operating system and can be used to make a computer into the router network, includes a variety of features for network and wireless.
1. Install Mikrotik OS
– Prepare PC, at least a Pentium I also not papa 64 RAM, HD 500 m or pake flash memory 64
– on the server/PC must exist at least 2 ethernet, 1 outwards and 1 more to local Network
– Burn CD Source input to the Mikrotik OS Boot from CDROM CDROM – follow the instructions, use the syndrom next-next and defaults
– Install main packet preferably, all of the packet with the way mark it (mark)
– After all the packages are marked to install it then press “I”
– the old Install normally 15minutes, repeat the step to the start – after they were installed wrong, the PC restarts log display will appear
2. Basic Setting of mikrotik. The first step of all the steps configuration of mikrotik is setting the ip it is aimed so that can be remote and mikrotik with winbox and make it easier for us to do a wide range of configurations
– logged in as admin by default password ga filled directly enter, replace it with your ip address and interface to use for the reply remote
I will explain by using 2 way IE with text and winbox.
I. Step setting Mikrotik TEXT :
Let’s start with the assumption the install process already successfully
1. Install – OK
2. Setting the eth1 IP 222.124.xxx.xxx (from YOUR ISP) command: ip address add address 222.124.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.xxx interface IP is IP ether1 public IP/existing Internet connection
3. Setting the IP 192.168.1.254 eth2 command: ip address add address 192.168.1.254 netmask 255.255.255.0 interface IP is IP ether2 Local to you. Now do ping to and from other computers, after connect continue to the next step, this has not been a repeat from step no. 2.
4. Setting the Gateway command: ip route add gateway = URNN222124.xxx.xxx (from the ISP)
5. Setting Primary DNS ip set dns command: primary-dns = 22.214.171.124 (from the ISP)
6. Setting Secondary DNS ip set dns command: secondary-dns = 126.96.36.199 (from the ISP)
7. Setting masquerade to eth1 Routing command: ip firewall nat add chain = srcnat action = masquerade out-interface = ether1 To do test ping to Gateway/to yahoo.com, when connect then your dah Mikrotik ready in use
II. Setting mikrotik winbox:
- After install Mikrotik is OK, then enter any IP for remote. For example ip address add address 192.168.1.254 netmask 255.255.255.0 interface ether2 then open a browser with an IP address, and download Winbox
2. Open the Winbox who have downloaded last
3. In the display column, on Winbox Connect To enter the no IP (192.168.1.254) with Login: admin password: blank. Then click the button Connect
4. Login to Mikrotik Winbox successfully
5. Click IP —> ADDRESS
6. it is the view of the address
7. then enter the public IP (from the ISP) ip public
8. This is a list of IP’S on 2 ip ethernet the Aether
9. Setting Gateway, IP — ip router Routes >
10. Enter the IP GATEWAY (ISP) router list
11. The results of ROUTING routing results
12. Enter the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS (ISP) Then click Apply and OK dns
13. Setting MASQUERADE
14. Click the IP — > Firewall
15. Then select the NAT
16. On the General tab on the Chain select srcnat on Out. Interface select the Action tab select ether1 masquerade Then click Apply and OK nat nat rule