Latest posts by Ajeng Putri Setyani (see all)
- ADD OWNCLOUD STORAGE CAPACITY - July 20, 2017
- SYNCRONIZATION OF INTER DEVICE WITH OWNCLOUD SERVER - July 20, 2017
- INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION OWNCLOUD IN SERVER PART 1 - July 20, 2017
When you’ve explored with ownCloud, the need for upload and space files is quite large. Therefore, sooner or later, your free space quota will decrease. Later, over time will be depleted not left. There are 2 ways to add to your huge data needs. The hope when there is need for additional space, you are not too panicked with this.
First, we will review how to add your ownCloud capacity from the local hard disk space to the server. Secondly, we will discuss how to integrate free storage service from dropbox to connect with your ownCloud. Thus, you will more easily access your files in the dropbox via ownCloud. Therefore, you do not need to open multiple addresses to access your favorite files.
Addition of your ownCloud Capacity from Local Hard Drive Space to Server
Steps to increase the ownCloud capacity of the server hard disk as follows:
1. Sign in to access your ownCloud admin account
2. Clip Apps from the top right side, in the admin user dropdown section as shown in Figure 7.1
3. Make sure you enable the External Storage Support feature by clicking on the link in the application provided.
4. From the previous non-active (“Enable” display appears), you make it active by clicking the button so that the display turns into disable, it means you have enabled this feature. Results as shown in Figure 7.3
5. This step continued by adding external storage with admin click on admin user dropdown at top right.
6. Look at the external storage, you can add the folder “harddisk” followed by local options on external storage.
7. Continue to fill the configuration of the folder path to be added, for example I will add the folder / home / dedy / new, while applicable is loaded this path can be accessed from what user, I select admin for this trial. You will see on the left side a green circle appears to mean success (seen in Figure 7.6)
Up here, the step of adding new space is complete. Live you just test the results.
Currently there is a new folder called “harddisk”, click on this folder
Files or folders that you add will be immediately detected here. Conversely, if you want your uploaded files detected on your server’s hard disk, make permission settings in the corresponding folder with commands via the terminal.
Easy is not it? Now you do not have to worry if your space is reduced much or even run out completely, because it already has this solution. If you have any new hard disk additions, this can be done easily as long as you understand the mounting principle in linux.
Adding Dropbox Capacity
Next the second, will discuss how to sync and integrate your dropbox account. As a prologue, for those of you who may have just heard of this dropbox app. Dropbox through its official page at https://www.dropbox.com is one of the cloud storage services that provides free 5GB capacity. This service is quite popular in cyberspace for various files anything, ranging from office, pictures, music, until the application executable. Fun, when you’ve joined with this dropbox, you can integrate with ownCloud. Steady is not it? Follow the steps here:
1. Make sure you already have an account in the dropbox. If not, do sign up via http://www.dropbox.com with your e-mail, not long then your account will be made.
2. If you have, immediately login with the account that you created earlier, by entering the email and password. Follow by click sign in.
3. Through the other tabs, open the app for the dropbox developer here https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps. After the page appears, then create a new app by clicking create app on the top right side as shown picture 7.11
4. In the new window, you are required to select the creation option. There are 4 things you need to choose and 1 form to fill in. Consider the questions below.
What type of app do you want to create?> Select the app API dropbox
What type of data does your app need to store on dropbox? >> select files and datastores.
Can you app be limited to its own, private folder? >> No
What type of files does your app need access to? >> all files type
Finally in the app name field, fill in as “dedycloud” example continue click on create app.
In the next window, you will get the app key and app secret as shown in Figure 7.13
5. Back again on your ownCloud browser tab, on external storage, add Dedicated “Folder name” dropbox and “External storage” dropbox
6. In the next form entry “configuration” fill app app and secret app that you got earlier “applicable”: fill in admin. If the grant access button appears like picture 7.15 do click.
7. In the next window, approve by clicking Allow.
8. Not long, if there is no error, it will appear a green circle which means successful connection between the dropbox with ownCloud.
Up here, you check the results by clicking files from the top left side of your ownCloud.
Next there is a new folder with the name “dropbox dedy” in accordance with the name of the folder that has been made before. Click if your files that are in the dropbox can be accessed from here.
Success! Your dropbox file is already accessible from here.
To check, you can upload it in this folder. See the results via dropbox.com. Instead, you also do upload via dropbox.com and check the results through this folder.
Adding ownCloud Storage Capacity with Google Drive
After you have successfully integrated dropbox, this time you will collaborate with the google cloud storage has to be more powerful ownCloud on your network. Of course because you will be using the services of Google, then you must have a legal gmail account and internet connection on your ownCloud server.
Follow these steps:
1. Login using your Google account
2. Sign in to google developers account, via https: //console.developers. Google / project, then create a new project by click create project.
3. In the new window, type Project contents. For example I write “owncloud dedy” then proceed with click create.
4. Then will appear terms of service agreement, checklist then click accept.
5. The next step, activate drive API and Drive SDK as shown in Figure 7.25, which initially OFF change to ON.
6. For the next agreement (Drive and Drive SDK), checklist as before and Accept clip.
7. On authentication, the OPEN URL must be entered in the following format:
For the condition of your server you can adjust.
8. Then, you will be given access to the API, the client ID and client secret that are useful for in-entrykan in setting its ownCloud
9. Sign in your ownCloud setting, as admin, add external storage by selecting google drive. Then copy and paste the Client ID and Client secret on the form provided, then click Grant access.
10. If the permissions appear from Google like image view 7.30 then click Accepts.
11. Wait a moment for the approval process, once it appears Access granted and green on the left side, it means that a connection to Google Drive can be done.
12. To try, sign in the outermost folder, then click on your Google Drive folder.
13. If successful, will soon pop up the folders and files that you have saved on Google Drive.